Dr Sarah Russell
Dr Russell holds a Masters/Ph.D in Clinical Neuropsychology from the University of Western Australia. She is an AHPRA registered psychologist with a specialist endorsement in Clinical Neuropsychology.
For the past fifteen years, Dr Russell has worked as a clinical neuropsychologist within the Cairns and Hinterland Hospital and Health Service (Queensland Health).
Dr Russell started a part-time private practice in 2009 to provide access to neuropsychological services to the broader FNQ community.
Dr Russell also holds an Associate Professor position within the College of Medicine and Dentistry, at James Cook University, Cairns. As part of the Healthy Ageing Research Team, her research focuses on healthy ageing, dementia risk reduction, and culturally appropriate assessment of cognition in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Communities in FNQ.
Dr Russell is also an accredited clinical and research supervisor.
- Member, Australian Psychological Society (APS)
- Fellow, APS College of Clinical Neuropsychologists
- Member, Australasian Society for the Study of Brain Impairment
- Member, International Neuropsychological Society
- Member, International Indigenous Dementia Research Network
- Member, NHMRC National Institute for Dementia Research
- Member, Queensland Health Statewide Dementia Clinical Network
- Member, Queensland Health Statewide Older Person’s Health Clinical Network
For more information: